Admissions to Kalahandi med college to start this yr

by Kalahandi Info
0 comment 70 views

BHUBANESWAR: The state government will take in students for 100 MBBS seats at the Government Medical College, Kalahandi, this year. The college will start admissions after getting permission from the National Medical Commission (NMC). The infrastrcture required for the medical college has been developed on 35 acres of land at Bhangabari, on the outskirts of Bhawanipatna.
Twenty-five buildings have been built on the campus at an estaimetd cost of Rs 220 crore.

Currently, the state has 2,200 MBBS seats — 1,700 in 10 state government medical colleges and two private medical colleges, and 500 seats in two deemed to be universities. Last year, for the first time students were admitted for MBBS to the two government medical colleges in Sundargarh and Keonjhar.
The SCB Medical College and Hospital (MCH), Cuttack and MKCG MCH, Berhampur, have 250 MBBS seats each, while the Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Education and Research (VIMSAR), Burla, has 200 seats. Similarly, the medical colleges in Koraput and Baripada have 125 MBBS seats each, and the medical colleges in Balangir, Balasore, Puri, Sundargarh and Keonjhar have 100 seats each.
Hi-Tech MCH in Bhubaneswar has 150 MBBS seats, while Hi-Tech MCH, Rourkela, has 100 seats. Both IMS and SUM Hospital and KIMS, Bhubaneswar have 250 seats each.
Under a central scheme, two new MCHs are coming up in Kalahandi and Jajpur districts with fund sharing between the Centre and state in the ratio of 60:40.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has invited online applications for the national eligibility-cum-entrance test (NEET)-2023 for admission to UG medical courses in all medical institutions of India.
Examinations will be conducted on May 7. After publication of results, ranks will be allotted for admission into medical colleges.
Apart from national-level medical counselling, Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) authorities will hold counselling for 11 government and two private medical colleges in the state.
It will allot only 85% of MBBS/BDS seats from medical and dental colleges leaving the 15% to all-India quota.
Similarly, 15% seats have been reserved under NRI quota in private medical and dental colleges.

You may also like

Leave a Comment